"yellow house" in Russian

Madelaine Hron mhron at UMICH.EDU
Wed Jun 11 14:42:05 UTC 2003

Hi Natalia --

Interesting question. Perhaps it has something to do with humoral
theory as developed from Hippocrates and Avicennus. In humoral theory,
yellow bile was thought to be responsible for choleric outbursts, an
emotional mental state, thus perhaps madness... Interestingly, in eastern
medicine the chakra associated with mental state is also associated with
the color yellow... You might want to search the web for some of these
terms...

Good luck,
Madelaine