V.B. has died

Uladzimir Katkouski uladzik at MAILBOX.HU
Mon Jun 23 18:57:08 UTC 2003

Vasil Bykau, the most prominent writer of modern Belarus, has passed
away yesteday. Please, read the article that I've just written:

- http://www.pravapis.org/art_vasil_bykau.asp

(NB: It was written in a rush and in a very distressed mood. I apologize
in advance for any mistakes or typos. And I will be happy if you send
your corrections.)