verification -- Khrushchev's appearances on TV

Sharon Knox sccampbe at UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon May 12 14:56:55 UTC 2003

I think the posting which (rightly!) provoked Prof. Kalbouss's and
Derbyshire's eye-rolling was this one:

>I wouldn't be surprised if our (US) organs of disinformation fabricated
>that footage that we all remember seeing.  You know, exactly the same way
>they've fabricated the "weapons of mass destruction" that Saddam is
>supposed to have. [...]

This comment is the academic equivalent of a bumper sticker
-- provocative but vapid -- and it's too bad it turned this
delightful discussion sour. Thanks to Professors Kalbouss and
Derbyshire for the reality check.