Tsars -- Hanky-Panky at the Russian Palace

Valery Belyanin Vbelyanin at MTU.RU
Mon May 26 18:09:38 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGers

>> >until recently, foreign films in Russia were shown
>> >not with subtitles or dubbing, but with a Russian-language
>> >narrator whose voice-over delivered the lines of all the

I may add that most of the western films (of low quality) that were
shown on cable TV or existed on cheap (2$) video cassettes since 1991
were really translated voice-over by a interpreter. I do not remember
his surname but he had a voice as if some clip (_prischepka dla
belya_) was on his nose.

But really good films esp. during Soviet times were dubbed by great
actors. Though musicals like "West-Side story" (otherwise the songs
could have been heard:) besides they were given other titles (not to
identify easily when speaking with someone from _ottuda_)

Best regards, Valery Belyanin
Editor of www.textology.ru