Bizarre or unusual transliterations

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sun Sep 28 11:22:26 UTC 2003

I'm giving a paper for a Translation Seminar in St Petersburg University (Fedorovskie Chteniya,
23-25 October 2003) and am looking for further examples of Cyrillic-Roman transliterations (names,
terms, email addresses) which have strange or bizarre forms. My theme is, basically
"Transliteration, the unknown problem" (for Russians). Any examples, or suggestions where I might
look for them, gratefully received.

Andrew Jameson
Chair, Russian Committee, ALL
Reviews Editor, Rusistika