'Kyiv' and 'Kiev'

Sun Dec 19 21:49:09 UTC 2004

J. Woodsworth wrote:

 > Ottawa (Canada), Friday 17/12/04 15h30 EST
 >
 > Dear SEELANGERS,
 >
 > Some of you may be interested in an article in today's Christian
 > Science Monitor about the spelling of the name of the Ukrainian
 > capital in the Western press -- the pros and cons of choosing one
 > variant over the other.  Written partially in response to
 > Ukrainian-Canadians, it is a serious article, once you get past the
 > kitschy headline.
 >
 > http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1217/p18s04-hfes.html?s=hns

If you recall, I announced on Friday that I had sent a letter to the
editor of the /Christian Science Monitor/. Today they contacted me for
confirmation preparatory to publishing my letter. (what's the emoticon
for crossing my fingers?)

If other better-informed, articulate colleagues have something to say on
the matter, it seems possible that they would consider your letters as
well. Limit about 200 words. Just click the link to the right of the
article text and have at it.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com