deciphering "???"

Kris Groberg kgroberg at FARGOCITY.COM
Thu Jul 8 11:42:37 UTC 2004

> James Driscoll (o'drisceoil) wrote:
>
> > Dear Steven,
> >
> > My mail client does not render Cyrillic either.  What works for me is to
> > use the "send message to browser" feature.  This sends the message to
> > Internet Explorer which renders the note in both alphabets.

Dear Steven:

I have a Mac, an ancient PowerBook. I found a very inexpensive program that
switches messages to various Cyrillic languages by clicking on little flags.
It came with red Cyrillic letters to stick on the keys, and several large
cards with the touch-patterns for those of us old enough to have learned to
type by looking up to our right at cards. It works like a charm, and when I
get incoming Cyrillic in "code"--I just Select All and click on the Russian
flag. Surely there must be something similar for PCs. But James Driscoll is
right about the browser making the switch for you too.

Best of luck, KG
--
Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
3021-23rd Avenue South West, Unit H