oral proficiency testing

David Chaika chaikad at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jul 14 23:23:42 UTC 2004

I have been reading the SEELANGS list since time out of mind (до Windows),
and Ben Rifkin's comprehensive answer to the the recent question about
proficiency is the reason I am writing.

How can I measure my proficiency? Is there some test that I can take?
Expensive? I don't really have a money-based reason to know the answer. For
years I worked as a translator from written Russian to English, and have
been to Russia several times to visit friends and study. But still I am
curious about how I stack up on some generally accepted scale.

Where can I find info or a relevant website? Заранее благодарю.

David Chaika
Native American despite the name,
изучавший русский и др. языки
в университетах Northwestern и