"Mourka"

Mourka Mourka at HVC.RR.COM
Sun May 9 18:20:39 UTC 2004

Dear Seelangers,

No matter how hard I tried, I could not copy and paste my flyer onto an email for you without it getting all jumbled up (attachments are prohibited), so I am at this writing sending information about my reading.

NY Solo Play Lab, www.cherylkingproductions.com , 347 West 36th Street, New York, New York is presenting my one woman play "Mourka" as a reading, Wednesday, May 26th at 8:00PM.

This play was written by myself and Sigrid Heath, directed by Sigrid Heath and performed by me, Mourka.  It tells a story of a young woman's efforts to bridge the world of her parents, the old world of the Russian aristocracy stuffed into a Chekhovian apartment in New York, with her new world, a fast-paced bohemian life as an actress, singer and dancer.  It is a story of cultural identity, sexual and artistic awakening, of the trials and rewards of a life lived passionately.

I'm working on a screenplay based on the play, hence the reading in New York.

If you are in the area, please come by.  Admission: $15.00.  Info:  212 838 2134

Thank you.

Margarita Meyendorff