Another unusual request

Robert A. Rothstein rar at SLAVIC.UMASS.EDU
Wed Sep 22 22:22:20 UTC 2004

Dear All,
      A colleague has asked if I can find a listing of the names of the
hostages killed in the school siege in Beslan, which she and a group of
woman want to use in a memorial quilt to be sent to Beslan.  I told her
that I was dubious about such a list being published, but promised to
see what I could find out.  I tried searching www.google.ru and
www.rambler.ru for such phrases as "imena zhertv terakta," but came up
mostly with references to the siege at Dubrovka in Moscow ("Nord-Ost"),
to an attack in Beersheba, Israel, and to 9/11.  I would be grateful for
any leads.

Bob Rothstein