khmyr'

Elena Boudovskaia eboudovs at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Thu Jun 16 13:44:41 UTC 2005

> I cannot say it, I think, about someone
whom I know independently (name, rank, serial number): ?Xmyr' prishel kak
vsegda s opozdaniem. Unless this is his standard nickname.

What about "etot xmyr' prishel kak vsegda s opozdaniem"? Sounds OK to me.
Actually, it looks like _xmyr'_, as former _zhlob_ (vyxodili iz izby
zdorovennye zhloby), as the contemporary _perec_ and _krendel'_, are just
slang substitutes for "man", "person", "guy". With a bit of derogatory
connotation.

Elena