STALINKA

Julia Hon juliahon at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 18:55:48 UTC 2005

It occurs to me that "STALINKA" may be a play on words related to the
nature of the resource: Stalinka --> link --> hyperlink (in a digital
library).  But maybe not.

The tone of both the announcement and the site itself was less somber
than I would have expected for a resource on such an emotionally
charged subject.  Then again, perhaps it reflects the tone of the
items displayed in the digital archive, which, according to the
description, are "photographs, posters, paintings, banners,
sculptures, chinaware, pins, etc."  Obviously, perceptions of Stalin
have changed often and dramatically during and after his time in power
-- this site seems to acknowledge that his image was by no means
monolithic.