Bible Reception Again

Jack Kollmann jack.kollmann at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Apr 7 17:38:35 UTC 2006

         A small contribution to a response:  The State Russian Museum had
a large exhibition a few years ago entitled "Jesus Christ in Christian Art
and Culture, 14th to 20th Centuries."  The handsome illustrated exhibit
catalog of the same name was published in 2000 by the Museum and Palace
Editions.  Russian ISBN 593332021; International (English?) ISBN
3930775891.  Large format, about 525 pages.  The exhibit and the catalog
are organized by themes (e.g., the face of Christ in Russian icons) and,
most interesting, by events in Christ's life.  So, for a given event --
nativity, baptism, etc. -- one encounters images from icons to modern art
grouped together.
Jack Kollmann