Detectability of Onegin's latent homosexuality, Martha Fiennes and my "A"

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 10 14:33:25 UTC 2006

Dear Matthew,

I am ready to accept an accusation of being underdevelopped in any way. I have no inferiority complex. Besides, during the last two years I was accused of so many things, including indoctrination, questioning the legitimacy of teacher training in Germany, etc., etc., etc., that I am ready to accept whatever new accusation. Don't care any more. Really.

But I  didn't try to be offensive. No way. I am the most friendly person in the world. I was kidding. I am always like this. Can't help it. Sorry!

And I have absolutely nothing against psychoanalysis. On the contrary. I am going to study it. But I do think that it is better not to touch some characters at all. When meeting the decision of starting to psychoanalyse this or that character, and then making those revelations public, everybody should consider too many things, and not only personal ambitions. Etika dolzhna byt'  oboiudnoi.
Ot russkoi klassiki uzhe kamnia na kamne s etim psikhoanalizom ne ostavili. And what are all those discoveries?..

Although, to tell the truth, I don't want Hamlet to be psychoanalysed as well. Why? Probably because this is exactly the character which can be compared to Onegin "po znachimosti" for those to whom this legacy belongs. Although I think that they both belong to the world culture.

Besides, I have a feeling that there are, unfortunately, too many other factors or forces which will be trying to make everything plain, analyzable, explicable and, therefore, controllable in our future. I am afraid that exclusively psychoanalysis or any other similar tool will be promoted in future, and not other research tools, mentioned during this discussion.Other research tools require too much factual knowledge from the areas, acquiring the knowledge from which has, actually, became a taboo nowadays. I mean high education. The very factual knowledge became a taboo.

Well, those were some "mysli vslukh".

So sorry, I will try to be serious all the time. :-(
And I will try not to think about how Gogolian Nos is supposed to look like in a screen version... :-(

Regards,
Maryna Vinarska

P.S. I liked my class on Onegin and I liked all the classes I took. Especially because it was permitted for everybody to say whatever they wanted. No one said after class: "Hoeren Sie auf zu kritisieren!". :-(
But I think, that as to that Freudian approach, I was a little bit overdosed in the USA, to tell the truth... But I liked it anyway.