distressing news

Rebecca Jane Stanton rjs19 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Aug 30 15:25:47 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues,

in case anyone is interested in reading Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's [note
spelling] actual announcement, which sparked this impassioned
discussion, it can be found on his blog:
http://www.andrewlloydwebber.co.uk/sections/news/newsdb.php?article=13&section=news

I must admit I share Mr. Keenan's fear that the welcome publicity for
Bulgakov's novel may come at the price of a theatrical event too painful
to contemplate, but as long as Sir Andrew refrains from casting Sarah
Brightman as Margarita, the worst will not have come to pass.

regards,
RJS