Anne Ingram ami2f at VIRGINIA.EDU
Fri Feb 3 21:28:19 UTC 2006

Jim,
         You probably already know about all of these, but a quick search
of the MLA database brings up the following articles:
                 "Towards a New Thematic Structure of the Religious Folk
Verses about St. George." Lunk, Maria. Slavic and East European Journal,
32:1 (1988 Spring), pp. 25-40
                 "The Image of the Holy Land in Russian Religious Songs."
K?m?n, Erz?bet. Acta Ethnographica Hungarica: An International Journal of
Ethnography, 39:3-4 (1994), pp. 395-402
                 "Dukhovnye stikhi among Twentieth-Century Old Believers:
Song-Books of the Kilin Family." Sullivan, John. Slavonic and East European
Review, 75:3 (1997 July), pp. 422-38

Anne Ingram

At 07:42 PM 2/2/2006, you wrote:
>Seelangers,
>      I got a note from a Russian folklorist asking about what works there
>may be in west-European languages about the Russian duxovnye stix.  I can't
>think of any.  Do any come to mind for anyone?  This scholar has a graduate
>student who is writing her dissertation on the duxovnye stixi and has used
>only Russian sources.
>      Thanks,
>     James Bailey
>
>James Bailey
>1102 Hathaway Dr.
>Madison, WI 53711

Anne Ingram, Ph.D.
Instructional Technology Advisor, Instructional Technology Group
Lecturer, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Virginia
ami2f at virginia.edu