Splendid isolation

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 5 18:32:01 UTC 2006

FRISON Philippe <Philippe.FRISON at COE.INT> wrote: Hello,

Is there a standard or academic Russian translation for "Splendid
Isolation" (Britain's isolationist policy in the Victorian times) ?

..........................I pasted the text in Russian in Western (ISO-8859-1) but I myself can read it only in Unicode... I hate those encodings...
So just in case, here is the link to the on-line encyclopedia where you can always find such terms: http://slovari.yandex.ru/?ref=universal
Just type "splendid isolation" in English in the search field, click "Najti" and you'll get it. But do NOT check the box "perevod"!
Regards,
Maryna Vinarska