Summer program in SIBERIA

Rebecca S. Katz r-katz at MOREHEAD-ST.EDU
Tue Oct 3 14:13:58 UTC 2006

Hi Natasha,

JUst checking to see if you've sent me an information package on all the
activities, costs, etc. of the program.  WIll students that I bring with me
stay for two weeks or four weeks.?

Best
becky

Quoting Natasha Bodrova <cosmoschool2 at MAIL.RU>:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Could you please share this information with your students, colleagues and
> people who may be interested:
>
> The Educational Center "COSMOPOLITAN", located in Novosibirsk, the largest
> city in Siberia, Russia, is pleased to announce that we are accepting
> applications for the "LINKING THE PLANET" International Summer Language Camp,
> that we are going to run in Novosibirsk region in SIBERIA.
>
> The summer camp will be taking place during the summer 2007 in four
> consecutive two-week sessions, with participation of local Russian children,
> youth and adults, as well as volunteer teachers and international students
> from around the globe.
>
> The program is a great chance for international participants to learn the
> Russian language and get a first-hand experience of the Russian culture. It
> provides a unique cultural opportunity of daily interaction with the Russian
> children, youth and adults. The RUSSIAN COURSE is organized for overseas
> students and volunteer teachers and includes language studies as well as
> learning about the Russian culture, history and society.
>
> We are looking for native speakers of English, German, French, Spanish and
> other languages, who would like to be VOLUNTEER TEACHERS of their language
> and/or Volunteer Creativity Workshop Coordinators at the summer camp. No
> previous teaching experience is required. University students are eligible to
> apply as volunteer teachers/workshop coordinators. Teaching at the camp can
> also be considered as an INTERNSHIP with all necessary paperwork and an
> on-site internship supervision provided. We are looking for people who are
> energetic, enthusiastic, open-minded, sociable, enjoy camp experiences, are
> willing to share their knowledge and culture.
>
> We also seek people worldwide (SCHOOLCHILDREN, university STUDENTS, and
> ADULTS) to join the summer camp as international students of the Russian
> course and enjoy all the exciting activities scheduled within the program.
>
> We have been running these programs for twelve years already. For the past
> years volunteer teachers from Argentina, Australia,
> Austria, Canada, China, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Great
> Britain, Holland, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia,
> Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the United States of America, as well
> as university
> students and school children from the USA, Great Britain, Germany, and
> Switzerland have
> participated in our summer language camp programs.
>
> The major benefits to join our summer program are as follows:
>
> 1) We organize an exciting cultural, social and excursion programme for
> international participants of the camp, which is a very enriching
> experience. You will be involved in interaction with the Russian children,
> youth and
> adults all the time. This is the kind of experience you will never get if
> [...]

Rebecca S. Katz
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology, Social Work, and Criminology
Morehead State University
Morehead, Kentucky 40351
Tel: 606-783-2241