Dostoevsky's Crime & Punishment (Film in English)

Harlow Robinson harlo at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Oct 19 18:09:59 UTC 2006

I also like the 1935 Paramount version directed by Josef von Sternberg (The Scarlet Empress, The Blue Angel) with Peter Lorre as Raskolnikov (not long after "M") and Mrs.Patrick Campbell as the pawnbroker.

Prof.Harlow Robinson
Northeastern University