Good short primary text(s) for reflections on the end of Soviet Union / culture?

Edwina Cruise ecruise at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Wed Apr 25 18:52:54 UTC 2007

Venedikt Erofeev, Moscow to the End of the Line.    Even though it was
written in 1969, (1st published in 1977), it's the work I read last in
my 20th culture + film class.  OR, a much saner suggestion, an essay by
Brodsky.

xnm xec