"Chess Player" on current video

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Mon Dec 3 06:54:04 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues:

I was surprised, and pleased, to read that the 1927 French film,
"The Chess Player" ("Le joueur d'echecs") was familiar to some
experts.  (Experts who in fact know much more about it than I do.)

Given more recognition and interest than I had presumed, about
this old film depicting Poland and Russia in the late 18th century,
I'll attach below a link to the DVD restorer-distributor's detailed
description and pricing of "Chess Player":

http://www.milestonefilms.com/movie.php/chess/

I note also that some used or discounted DVD-video copies may be
found on "EBay.Com" and "Half.Com" .

Best wishes to all,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.