Translation question (education field)

Marc Adler marc at ADLERPACIFIC.COM
Thu Jan 25 02:20:36 UTC 2007

Paul B. Gallagher(e)k dio:

> Anyone here have a good American English equivalent for
> "нормативно-подушевое финансирование" (в вузах и т.п.)?

"No Child Left Behind"? <g>

This is just a guess, but "financing on a per-student basis predicated
on normative guidelines for scholastic achievement" might be something
natural. I don't know if you could achieve the same compression as the
Russian, so introducing it once and then just saying "this kind of
financing" (or coming up with a shorter variant) throughout the rest of
the text might be an option.

As I say, there might be a standard American-English way of saying this
that I just don't know, however, so - to repeat - this is just a guess.

--
Marc Adler
marc at adlerpacific.com

Ошибок нет, за исключением