"hoodie" in Russian

Steve Marder asred at COX.NET
Thu Jan 25 16:33:29 UTC 2007

> This could be just an isolated usage, but my friends in Vladivostok
> used the term "kenguryatnik" to denote a baby sling (and possibly
> snugli).

It's fair to say that different people understand such words differently, and there may be all kinds of regional variants. "Kenguryatnik," for example, is commonly used in the sense of "'roo' bars," "bull bars," "crash bars (on an off-road vehicle)" etc., and "kengurushnik" can also refer to "(baby) sling." Where does one draw the line, and where (and when!) does one stop?