QUERY: uzhe + poka = ???

Fri Jun 15 01:58:30 UTC 2007

Kim Braithwaite wrote:

> Given the "flow" of the sense of the two sentences, and in pursuit of
> possible further clarification, what comes after ".... poka
> nevozmozhno" in the text? Is there any reason to think that the
> period at the end of that sentence shouldn't be there and that the
> next part of the passage - the next sentence - fills out the sense?
> If so (and this is probably farfetched), perhaps " ... poka
> nevozmozhno ... " should read: " ... since/as long as (it is)
> impossible, (then) ... "

What follows is the heading of the next section. This is "all the
farther" they go with this, as some of my Midwestern friends are wont to
say. The authors seem to think this settles the matter.

This is my third message of the day, so house rules require me to remain
silent until tomorrow. Good night.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com