Whitman in Ukraine

Zielinski zielinski at GMX.CH
Wed May 9 19:03:15 UTC 2007

Nina Shevchuk:

<but I find it difficult to believe that there was no "Ukrainian Whitman"
before 1954. I've had some difficulty even establishing the existence of
earlier translations. Does anyone know of any Ukrainian poets translating
Whitman? Does anyone know of any published translations before 1954?

I don't know about the Ukrainian ones, but have some information about an
early unpublished Polish translation. Who is dealing with Polish
translations?

Sincerely,

Jan Zielinski