Whitman in Ukraine

Nina Shevchuk n_shevchuk at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 10 13:47:02 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues:
  Thank you all very much for all your input -- this is great info.
  Through an article by a modern Ukrainian translator I located a 1928 book -- an Antologia Amerykanskoj poezii 1855-1925 by Ivan Kulyk. It includes some Whitman poems, and, as best I can tell, this is the earliest I get in Ukrainian. Researching old periodicals might help, but I'm in Nebraska, and so I'm a bit geographically handicapped.
  Again, the information all of you provided is very valuable to me, and if you encounter anything else on the topic, please, send it my way.

  Respects,

  Nina