Platonov question

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Mon May 21 12:15:56 UTC 2007

Wait - I have something better. How about "You just work here, going through the motions, but I feel what I do." It's not literal, but perhaps also renders the colloquial "Vy tut."

  Sorry to be coming late to the party - no matter which encoding I switch my machine to I can never read the Cyrillic parts of some of the messages.

Deborah Hoffman <lino59 at ameritech.net> wrote:
  Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 04:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Deborah Hoffman <lino59 at ameritech.net>
Subject: Platonov question
"SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list" <SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU>

  Could khodite here be the regular motion of just coming to work every day? Also, how about inserting a word or two after chuvstvuyu to convey meaning rather than sticking to the original syntax, thus:

  "You only work here, you show up every day, but I feel what I do."

  Just a thought to convey the speaker's main concern of contrasting the rote performance of his co-workers with his greater emotional participation.