an announcement for STALINKA, a digital library of Staliniana

Margarita Orlova margarita at RENT-A-MIND.COM
Tue Oct 23 22:38:40 UTC 2007

The overall gallery is very good and useful. Thank you very much for
your great work!

I would like to provide an addition to the description of the poster.
It depicts a moment when Stalin is casting his vote in an election; he
is putting his marked ballots into a recognizable big red ballot box.
He votes as it is announced with the name of the poster "For People's
Happiness!" (Za narodnoe schast'e!).
Of course, instead of voting for People's happiness, he usually voted
for himself.

http://images.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/i/image/image-
idx?med=1;sid=6eebe7687bbf5c7ad443aacaa5d482d4;q1=stalinka;rgn1=stalinka
_all;size=20;c=stalinka;lasttype=boolean;view=entry;lastview=thumbnail;s
ubview=detail;cc=stalinka;entryid=x-
gr000019;viewid=GR000019.TIF;start=101;resnum=117