marking stressed vowels in OS X 10.4

Jack Franke jack.franke at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 2 18:02:47 UTC 2007

Dear Seelangers:

John's solution on accented Russian fonts is one of the best solutions. I
personally prefer to go back to OS 9 for typesetting Russian books, and I
use Paratype accented fonts. Eventually I will begin typesetting in InDesign
using a setup similar to John's. You can also check an article in last
month's Adobe Magazine entitled "The Brave New Font." The article discusses
several issues facing typesetting and also using localized software
versions.

Here is a solution I previously posted on SEELANGERS.

 I recently worked with a programmer in Moscow to create a program in  OS
X.3 (Panther) that puts accents above vowels in Russian.It is called
Slavyanski 1.2.  The program requires any unicode font and a Cocoa-developed
word processor.

MarinerWrite is word processor has to be designed for OSX. AppleWrite or MS
WORD will not work. TextEdit, which comes with the system, will work.
InDesign 2.0 or CS, QuarkXpress 6.0, and other NATIVE OSX programs will work
with this program. I have also enclosed a FAQ which might answer some
questions.

The web site for this program is:
http://slavicpublishers.com/slavicqwerty/

Best,

--
Jack Franke, Ph.D., Professor of Russian