United Nationsand

Tue Aug 5 03:18:22 UTC 2008

Vadim Besprozvany wrote:

> Dear seelangers,
>
> I need to translate the word "Nationsand" into Russian. The context
> comes as follows: "United Nationsand to enjoy unhindered access to
> refugees" so the word doesn't look as a typo. I found some texts with
> the word on Google but the contexts were not very much telling. I
> didn?t find this word in any dictionaries. I was only able to guess
> that this is a synonym of the word ?Nations? but with no reference to
> the name of United Nations Organization.
> Of course, this is just a tour de force - I still have no somehow
> validated solution.

I don't see anything in the above to indicate it's anything but a typo
or an editing error. If I had to devise a perfect example of a typo, I
couldn't do much better.

Looking more closely, my best guess is that something was inadvertently
deleted between "Nations" and "and." My second best guess is that the
"and" was inserted by mistake.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com