Bublichki/"Bei mir bist du schoen" on Russian?

Chew G G.Chew at RHUL.AC.UK
Tue Feb 26 19:41:32 UTC 2008

I see "Bei mir bist du schoen" seems to have been included in "Sest zen", the very first production with songs in the famous collaboration of Jiri Slitr and Jiri Suchy, in the Reduta theatre in Prague in1958... see http://mozek.cz/info/jiri-suchy ... and it is presumably available on the Semafor CDs, though I haven't checked

Geoff

 Geoffrey Chew
  g.chew at rhul.ac.uk

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of FRISON Philippe
Sent: Tue 26.2.08 17:11
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Bublichki/"Bei mir bist du schoen" on Russian?

 Although I am not particularly familiar with the subject,
it should be pointed out that "Bei mir bist du schoen" was
in fact composed Sholom Secunda and performed by two Sammy
Cahn and Lou Levy in Harlem (see: http://www.yiddishradioproject.org/exhibits/ymis/ymis.php3?pg=2)

and the song was ultimately translated into Russian.

Any clue about the Russian translation of the song?
(I wuold appreciate the French version too...)

Philippe Frison
Strasbourg (France)