SEELANGS Digest - 30 Jun 2008 to 1 Jul 2008 (#2008-248)

Fri Jul 4 19:02:03 UTC 2008

Resending because I didn't notice Liv had forced replies to her private
address.

Liv Bliss wrote:

> The link to the Baikal petition was broken in the original posting,
> Sarah. One quick-and-dirty fix is to paste in what you can and type in
> the rest. That's what I did, and it worked just dandy.

Mm-hm.

Another good strategy that minimizes typing errors is to click "reply"
to the message, but instead of sending the reply, edit out the line
break(s) and quote marker(s) ("> "). Once you have a complete URL,
copy/paste that into your browser's location bar.

And a good practice for the original poster is to enclose URLs in angle
brackets, thus:

<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/608/t/425/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=3D1263>

Most email programs will respect this marking and leave the URL intact
even if it's too long to fit on one line.

Happy weekend, all.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com