Rosetta Stone

Ben Rifkin brifkin at TEMPLE.EDU
Fri Jul 11 17:02:56 UTC 2008

I would like to point out to SEELANGers that there are other
computer-mediated options for learners and that these options, which may be
better integrated with textbooks, might be a better match for those learners
who will happily spend more time using a computer-based program than
completing pen and paper exercises.  (Indeed, this is the thesis of my
article,  "Criteria for the Assessment of Foreign Language Instructional
Software and Websites, " ADFL Bulletin 34.2 (2003):  53-56.)

For those looking for other options for computer-mediated instruction, I
would mention the Russnet exercises (www.russnet.org), the exercises
correlated with Golosa ( http://www.gwu.edu/~slavic/golosa/), for more
advanced-learners, RAILS (http://www.languageinstitute.wisc.edu/rails).
There is more information at

http://slavica.com/teaching/rifkin.html

Lastly, I also recommend the Ruslan series for those who are interested in a
beginning program well integrated with computer-mediated activities.

With best wishes to all,

Ben Rifkin