Scholarship on the status of non-Russian languages in the USSR

Elena Gapova e.gapova at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 4 00:28:02 UTC 2009

Dear Rebecca,

there's also a very recent book on the topic:

Ernest Andrews ed., 2008. Linguistic Changes in Post-Communist Eastern
Europe and Eurasia.

Table of Contents
Ernest Andrews. Introduction

Alexander Krouglov. Globalization and Ukrainian Language in the 21st Century

Olga Yastrebova. Youth-Speak and Other Subcodes in Post-Soviet Russian

Hana Srpova. The Czech Language in the Post-Velvet Revolution Period

Elzbeta Manczak-Wohlfield. Influences of English in Contemporary Polish

Lara Ryazanova-Clarke. On Constructing Perestroika: Michail Gorbachev as
Agent of Linguistic Heresy

Elena Gapova. Negotiating Belarusian as a National Language

Aliya Kuzhabekova. Language Policies in Independent Kazakhstan: The
Kazakh-Russian Dilemma

 Nigora Azimova Linguistic Development in Post-Soviet Uzbekistan

Nana Danelia, Tinatin Bokvadze. The Sociolinguistic Situation in Post-Soviet
Georgia

Rossen Vassilev. Changes in Linguistic Status of Post-Communist Bulgaria's
Ethnic Turkish Minority

Best,
Elena Gapova