The first Russian novel

Natasha Randall nsrandall at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Apr 22 10:52:49 UTC 2009

Dear All,

Could anyone tell me anything about the first Russian novel ever
written - and indeed where to find an existing copy of it...? I
suspect there are several contenders for such an accolade but any
nudges in the right direction would be most appreciated.

I'm looking into the early development of the novel in Russia, up to
the 1830s. I'd love to go digging in an archive somewhere or speak to
someone who might know also...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Natasha Randall
Translator