Translation of an English saying?

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Wed Apr 22 16:31:10 UTC 2009

This is a misunderstanding of the original assignment. While #2 on the
list below means 'If it ain't broke don't fix it', the rest condemn
envy.  The original phrase about the green grass on the other hand means
the propensity of humans to believe that it's better somewhere else
rather than where the protagonist (speaker or listener) is.

Here's a phrase I just found which is very close to the green grass:
Курица соседа выглядит гусыней.
(http://zhurnal.lib.ru/p/pawel_g/poslowicyipogoworkidorewoljucionnogoisowetskogowremen.shtml)

AI