Chekhov's The Bear/ one-act plays

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Wed Dec 2 21:06:35 UTC 2009

Dear all,
I (or rather my student, but I can't seem to help him much) am having trouble finding sources on The Bear, or barring that, general sources on Chekhov's early one-acts.   I seem to remember a book on the subject, but all my searching hasn't come up with anything.  Can anyone help - please note that I am not asking for translations of the plays; I need critical articles/book chapters on the subject.   Since this is of limited interest, please reply off-list to yfurman at humnet.ucla.edu

Many thanks in advance,
Yelena Furman