Russian opera in US

William Derbyshire Wwdslovene at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 10 22:16:35 UTC 2009

Can anyone lead me to a source, article or book, which discusses the
history of productions
of Russian operas in the United Sates? I have read that some of the
earliest productions of
Russian operas were done in cities such as Boston and Philadelphia, usually
 in English, as
well as New York.
Any information would be appreciated and can be sent to me directly
_wwdslovene at aol.com_ (mailto:wwdslovene at aol.com)
Many thanks in advance.   Bill Derbyshire