translation question

Ruby Jones rubyjean9609 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 19 04:27:13 UTC 2009

"воздушно-десантный" is traditionally translated simply as airborne. Therefore, you have an airborne tattoo.

      With regards,
Ruby J. Jones, Ph.D.
Russian-English Translation / Russian Tutoring
rubyjean9609 at gmail.com
(512) 940-6142

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Krystyna Steiger
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:05 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] translation question

Hello everyone,
I'm working on a P'etsukh text, Novaia moskovskaia filosofiia, publ. 1987.
One of the characters has served in the military and sports on his shoulder a "vozdushno-desantnaia tatuirovka," [воздушно-десантная татуировка] which I have tentatively translated as an "Air-Landing Forces tatoo."
Can anyone verify that for me or offer an alternative?
Sorry if my Cyrillic doesn't come through.
Thanks so much in advance, and Season's Greetings to all,
Krystyna