conversation group routines

Nina Wieda ninawieda2008 at U.NORTHWESTERN.EDU
Sat Jan 17 02:31:51 UTC 2009

I am posting this for a colleague who does not have a SEELANGS account:

Dear All,

I am coordinating our university's Russian conversation group this semester,
and I know that it can be more interesting and engaging for the students
when routines (games, songs, topics for conversation / controlled
conversation etc.) are used by the coordinator. I would appreciate it if
people with experience doing such things could post a few ideas that worked
for them or any resources that might help. Our conversation group consists
primarily of first- and second-year students, so ideas specific to those
levels would be especially helpful.
Thanks very much in advance!