Seeking information on Bessarabian carpets (Moldovan and Ukrainian)

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Thu Jan 22 10:31:12 UTC 2009

>From our Library entry on Central Asia: (
http://www.sras.org/library_central_asia )

 <http://www.turkotek.com/index.html> TurkoTek is one the best sites
available for those interested in carpets - a common art form in Central
Asia. See also the blog called
<http://central-asian-carpets.blogspot.com/2006/06/bukharan-beshir-turkmen.h
tml> Deconstructing Central Asian Carpets and Textiles.

While their focus is on Central Asian carpets, Bessarabian carpets do get
some mention - and I'm sure the folks who run the site could point you in
the proper directions on finding out more about carpets in the FSU.

Hope that helps!

Josh Wilson

Asst. Director

The School of Russian and Asian Studies

Editor-in-Chief

Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies

www.sras.org

jwilson at sras.org