TRANSLATION OF DESCARTES QUOTE

Wilkinson, C cxwilkinson at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed May 6 15:07:04 UTC 2009

Я мыслю, следовательно, я существую (Ya myslyu, sledovatel'no, ya
sushchestvuyu) is a more accepted version of "cogito ergo sum".
CW

2009/5/6 John Langran <john at ruslan.co.uk>

> This is for a grammar summary of the verb "to be" in Russian.
> I have seen the Descartes quote "I think, therefore I am" translated as "Я
> думаю, поэтому я." - "Ya dumayu, poetomu ya.". I wonder, is this a strong
> enough translation? Thanks for any suggestions?
>  John Langran
> www.ruslan.co.uk
>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Claire Wilkinson

Teaching Fellow in Russian
Centre for Russian & East European Studies
University of Birmingham
B15 2TT, UK

ERI Room 146 (first floor)
Tel: +44 (0) 121 414 8242 (direct line work)
Skype: cxwilkinson
http://www.crees.bham.ac.uk/staff/wilkinson/index.htm