SV: [SEELANGS] Russian version of Beatles "Yellow Submarine"

John Langran john at RUSLAN.CO.UK
Mon May 18 08:20:38 UTC 2009

Jon, Margot

Thanks for this. All I have in Jon's email is ???????????? characters, but
by counting them I think this is the same text as at the link
http://www.livejournal.ru/themes/id/8174 that Margot sent me :

Иосиф Бродский:
ЖЕЛТАЯ ПОДЛОДКА
В нашем славном городке
Жил один моряк седой.
Он бывал в таких местах,
Где живут все под водой.
etc.

This is very nice, but not what I was looking for, which is a very loose
parody written for learners, and with lots of simple language.
Я построю желтый пароход ... etc.

I don't think I am going to find it unless anyone was learning Russian in
Prague in the 1970s, and still has their notes!

Thanks

John Langran
www.ruslan.co.uk