Film dubbing

Michele A. Berdy maberdy at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 19 19:22:02 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Anemone" <AnemoneA at NEWSCHOOL.EDU>
It was a disaster, even if you knew all three languages.

Actually, it's a disaster IF you know all three languages. Russians who
don't know any English aren't bothered by the bla-bla-bla they hear. They
like to hear a bit of the actor's voice and intonation, but then they easily
tune it out.

I think you probably won't believe me, but the type of film translation you
like is just a preference, what you're used to. Every method has its
drawbacks, including subtitles.