row

Wed Oct 28 11:22:46 UTC 2009

[Resending in the hope the SEELANGS server has finally realized it's a
new day and I'm entitled to three new messages]

augerot wrote:

> I suppose one should advise Obama and the NYTimes about this:
>
> Sep 1, 2009 ... I got into a row with one of my college professors
> years ago about the difference between education and indoctrination.

They should also allow Google to crawl their site, because it can't find
that quote, or either of the parts I tried:
	"I got into a row"
	"difference between education and indoctrination"

I get a couple of hits for each, but none that contain the entire quote.

Even the NY Times' own search engine reported:

Your search - "I got into a row" - did not match any documents under ,
Past 12 Months.

Your search - "difference between education and indoctrination" - did
not match any documents under , Past 12 Months.

Care to provide a link? Or did it appear only in the print edition?

Sarah Hurst wrote:

> I once read that the sound "row" and "rows" has the most meanings in
> English, i.e. including "rose". Anyone else heard this?

I haven't, but I suggest you peruse the entries for "run" in your
favorite dictionary. That one's quite the jack of all trades.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com