Digest font colours

Sat Dec 4 00:56:55 UTC 2010

Raul Macdiarmid wrote:

> I receive SEELANGS messages in digest form, with the day's postings
> in a single file. The text appears in different colours: black for
> some parts and pale gray for others. I have not been able to figure
> out the principle according to which the colours are assigned, and I
> can't see any option to change it in my browser, which is
> Thunderbird. The pale gray is difficult to read and I would prefer to
> have all text in a crisp black. Can you suggest how I could fix
> this?

Most likely, Thunderbird is "recognizing" the sig marker (a line
containing only two hyphens followed by a space) and graying out what
follows. If I'm right, my sig below should be grayed out but the body of
this message should be fine.

A quick and dirty workaround would be to copy/paste the entire digest
into Notepad, Wordpad, or some other program that doesn't know about
email coding conventions. You'd still reply in Tbird, of course, but in
the other program, you'd be free to choose your favorite fond style,
color, size, etc.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com