Russian visa query

Elizabeth Skomp elizabethskomp at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 8 15:44:07 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers,

One of my students will be studying in France next semester and hopes to spend summer
2011 in Russia.  Ideally he’d like to avoid a couple of extra
transatlantic flights if possible, but I’m unsure of the current visa
regulations as they pertain to a situation like this one.  Because preliminary web searches haven’t
yielded the information we seek, I now appeal to your collective wisdom: may a U.S. citizen apply for a Russian visa at a Russian
consulate or embassy outside the United States?

Spasibo zaranee,

Elizabeth Skomp

Sewanee: The University of the South