Russian visa query

Harris, Adrienne M. Adrienne_Harris at BAYLOR.EDU
Wed Dec 8 15:53:26 UTC 2010

Dear Elizabeth,

There is at least one agency in Paris that will process visas for non-French citizens.  I'm sorry, but I don't know the name--the student might want to seek out a Russian prof at his French university who might be able to give him some guidance in that respect.  The student will need to email information and send his passport to the agency.  The agency will arrange the invitation.  In my case, my friend simply went up to Paris the day before he was scheduled to leave for Russia and picked up his passport.

Adrienne Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Russian
Department of Modern Foreign Languages
Baylor University

One Bear Place #97391
Waco, TX 76798-7391
(254) 710-3898
Adrienne_Harris at baylor.edu
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Skomp [elizabethskomp at HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:44 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Russian visa query

Dear SEELANGers,

One of my students will be studying in France next semester and hopes to spend summer
2011 in Russia.  Ideally he’d like to avoid a couple of extra
transatlantic flights if possible, but I’m unsure of the current visa
regulations as they pertain to a situation like this one.  Because preliminary web searches haven’t
yielded the information we seek, I now appeal to your collective wisdom: may a U.S. citizen apply for a Russian visa at a Russian
consulate or embassy outside the United States?

Spasibo zaranee,

Elizabeth Skomp

Sewanee: The University of the South