"Heart of a Dog" translation

Renee (Stillings) Huhs renee at ALINGA.COM
Mon Dec 13 17:09:57 UTC 2010

Please post to the list as I am interested in this as well.

Renee

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of anna dvigubski
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:34 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] "Heart of a Dog" translation

Dear all,

Which translation of Bulgakov's "Heart of a Dog" would you recommend for
teaching the work in an undergraduate literature course? (There are no
Russian
majors in the course, if that matters).

Also, if you have taught this work to undergrads - especially those with no
background in Russian literature or culture - I would appreciate any
feedback on
students' reactions and interest in the work.  Please reply off-list and
many
thanks in advance.

Anna Dvigubski,
Ph. D. Candidate