New Series Announcement: Ars Rossika

christa kling christa_kling at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 4 21:48:47 UTC 2010

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Academic Studies Press is pleased to announce Ars Rossika, a new series in Slavic studies.

The goal of the “Ars Rossika” series is the publication of English-language volumes that represent a certain “stock-taking” attitude toward Russian literary and cultural studies at a time when the role of the academic book in its traditional format is itself being reconsidered.

We are especially interested in authors and works with the potential, over time, to become scholarly-critical “classics” – essays and volumes that subsequent generations will return to as intellectually compelling and authoritative.  No singular critical methodology or theoretical optic will dominate; what will dominate in each case is a sophisticated conceptual framework and an impeccable scholarly awareness and judgment.

Our original plan involves foregrounding works written in English, however, we are also prepared to undertake, in some cases, translations (from the Russian) of especially important and ground-breaking studies.  Collections of essays featuring a top scholar’s best, most representative work, often from different time periods and appearing in heretofore hard to locate places, are particularly attractive.

The vetting and editorial/production processes will be rapid but rigorous, the size of the volume will be flexible, and the possibility of joint e-publication will be, where appropriate, pursued.

The series is published by Academic Studies Press (Boston) under the general editorship of David Bethea (Wisconsin, Oxford).

For more information regarding this new series, please visit our website at www.academicstudiespress.com or contact our publishing director, Igor Nemirovsky at press at academicstudiespress.com.

We look forward to receiving your feedback and your submissions.

All the best,

Christa Kling
Sales and Marketing
Academic Studies Press